Sunday, August 03, 2008

I'm about one pint low!

UPDATE:
The slide is roughly here, 47.304378, -121.174479 according to S.P.O.T.


Saturday I did some trail work on Silver Creek, I had to see it firsthand. The avalanche debris is truly amazing. I don't think any picture could do it justice. I would have taken a video but I didn't want Charlie or Justin to fall off any logs. They are both already hurt, one with a kankle and the other bum shoulder.






We were able to reroute the trail around the end of the debris field in no time. It was agreed that this could end up being the permanent route. There are only about a dozen trees you have to step over but most of them are really low so you can continue to run right over them, assuming you haven't just run 93 miles, then it'll be a different story.
If you go up there please don't go out into the debris field it's very hazardous. There's a lot of half melted snow still under it and many hollow cave like areas that you could fall through.



I brought bug spray but as you can see from the picture, the mosquitoes were very hungry. The backs of my arms and shoulders look like I have chickenpox! I think they sucked at least a pint of blood from me.

UPDATE:
The slide is roughly here, 47.304378, -121.174479 according to S.P.O.T.

No comments: