Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cougar Mt. 13 miler


As I'm tapering for CCC I decided to run the Cougar Mt. 13 miler. My reasons For this were; so I could get in a speed workout and then do another one the next day since it was so short, the technical trail is great training and lastly and most importantly so I could compare it to where I was a year ago when I ran it. Last year I ran it in 2:42, this year in 2:13. 29 MINUTES FASTER!!! That's more than 2 minutes per mile! I was pretty happy with the results. My avg. heart rate was 165 with a peak of 179. That's compares to an average of 140 for 12 Summits and 152 for White River. I was very surprised I could keep up the faster pace for that long. I followed that up on Sunday with what I thought was an easy run around Lake Youngs but only took me 1:36.

Mileage this week
Monday... zero
Tuesday... zero
Wednesday... 9.3 miles flat
Thursday... 9.6 miles Lake Youngs
Friday... zero
Saturday... 13 miles Cougar Mt.
Sunday... 9.6 miles Lake Youngs, followed by 4 hours of walking at the Zoo.
Total 42 miles, 1147 ytd

4 comments:

Tony C said...

4 hours of walking at the zoo is probably the most important work out you got in this week. Not only was it good to stretch your legs but look at those kids!!!

Unknown said...

It's easy to see the improvements you've made in the past year. You should feel confident going into CCC as you have done a great job preparing. See you in 11 days.

Tony C said...

Arthur, I answered your mileage questions on my blog ... *tc

King Arthur said...

Thanks Rob.