Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I guess I'm in!

I received an email ...

Dear Arthur J. Martineau,This is to notify you that your entry into the 113th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 20, 2009 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate.You can verify your acceptance into the field by searching the 113th Boston Marathon "Entrants" database on the B.A.A. web site, www.baa.org/2009/cf/Public/EntryLists.cfm. Additionally, an acceptance postcard will be mailed to you via US Postal Service mail.

... I guess I better start training! I guess I'll be burning up the running shoes.

2 comments:

Journey to a Centum said...

Save your money so you can buy all the cool stuff at the expo.

You will now know what it feels like to be a spawning salmon. For 26.2 miles anyway. The staged start for Boston actually puts you with people of your own pace. Don't offend anyone at the start because you will probably finish near them.

Oh, and you will feel like a rock star with so many people cheering you on during the Patriots Day celebration.

Don't miss the Freedom Run on Sunday - free shirt, free food. It's a fun run and not intended to be a race. Lots of celebrity type folks at this event.

Frayed Laces said...

Whoo hoo! Way to go Maniac!